Adopt a cat
Welcome to the Blandford & Sturminster Newton Branch Adopt a Cat pages!
A guide to our new hands-free homing process
We’re keen to help as many cats as possible, both during the current crisis and beyond. Offering our cats a home will help to free up more space to take in emergency cases. Please take a few moments to read how our new homing process works. Scroll down to view the cats and kittens available for rehoming.
We have put in extensive procedures to make sure that our homing process is in line with current government guidance, without putting adoptees or our volunteers at risk.
Here is our guide to adopting a cat using hands-free homing
- Check you are within a reasonable distance of your chosen branch. You can find your nearest branch by typing in your postcode at www.cats.org.uk/find-us
- Enquire. If you’ve found a cat on our website that you’re interested in homing, send an enquiry through using our contact form or call our helpline 01258 858644
- Reserve your cat. If you’re found to be a match for your chosen cat, you’ll be contacted via phone or email. You may be asked for proof of your address and the consent of your landlord (if you live in a rented property)
- Adopt. Once you have reserved your cat, you’ll be sent paperwork to sign and you’ll make a further telephone appointment with our team. In this call, you’ll have a chance to discuss everything you need to know about your cat. You’ll then pay an adoption fee of £65 usually by bank transfer
- Bringing your cat home. Once this is finalised, we’ll arrange for a driver to bring your cat safely to your home
- Be supported. You’ll receive a follow-up call or email around three, seven and 21 days after the adoption to check that your new arrival is settled in. You can also find help and advice on the Cats Protection website at www.cats.org.uk/advice
Our minimum veterinary standard ensures your cat or kitten will be:-
- Neutered (if old enough)
- Health checked
- First vaccinated
- Flea and worm treated
- Insured for 4 weeks (with Petplan)