What we do
- Cambridge Cats Protection takes in stray and unwanted cats, rehabilitate them and re-home. We homed over 130 cats and kittens into loving homes throughout 2020.
- Cambridge branch does not have a shelter. All the cats in our care are looked after by a team of dedicated fosterers in purpose-built pens in gardens or in rooms in the fosterer's own home until a new home can be found for them.
- We never put a healthy cat to sleep.
- We also feed many community cats in the area and strongly encourage both neutering and microchipping. For information on our neutering scheme for those on benefits - currently with free microchip at selected vets - please contact 01223 236188.
- We have a local trained Education Speaker who can deliver free informative talks to schools and community groups of all ages. Currently on hold due to the pandemic.
- Cambridge Branch is run entirely by volunteers and is dependent on the generosity and goodwill of our supporters.
Read our Feature pages to find out more about the work our branch does.
We always have cats and kittens of all shapes and sizes waiting for homes - do take a look at Adopt a Cat and contact 01223 528312 for further details.