We are quite a small branch, so we're always keen to meet new people who are interested in becoming volunteers. What could you do to help? Well, do any of the following describe you?
- Do you love cats and want to help them find loving new homes?
- Are you caring, but not overly sentimental?
- Are you not afraid to get your hands dirty, happy to deal with the public, and do you understand that cats in care need attention outside of normal hours?
Yes? Then maybe you could be a FOSTERER! A fosterer's role is very rewarding, and it isn't just about stroking cats, it's about looking after them as and when required, whilst we find them a loving home. Fostering is done at home - either in your garden in a purpose built cat cabin (which of course will be provided to you) or in a spare room adapted for indoor fostering.
- Are you motivated, do you enjoy helping at events, are you full of fun and interesting ideas for fundraising events?
Yes? Without our FUNDRAISERS and regular events, sales and original fundraising ideas, we could not continue our work, caring for cats and kittens. There are lots of local events and venues in the area where we can raise awareness and raise funds for our worthwhile cause. Activities involved include coming up with ideas for venues, persuading people to volunteer goods to sell, and manning stalls. Answering queries from the public about feline welfare, lost cats and adoption while raising funds is a central part of a branch/adoption centre's frontline fundraiser’s work.
- Do you just want to make a difference, to ensure all cats are homed to the right places, or do you have transport and a few hours to spare?
- Maybe you just love animals and want to use some of your spare time to benefit cats and kittens in your area?
There are lots of ways that you could help, such as home-visiting or transporting cats to and from the vets. In fact, there's so many ways you can add value and make a real difference, just by offering a few hours of your time.
Interested? Then please call us to discuss how you could help.
A 4-pen block in a fosterer's garden
Volunteers and their feline friend at a fundraising event