Could you be a Fundraising volunteer?
A bit about the fundraising role:
As a charity we rely on funds donated by generous members of the public to continue to help cats and kittens in need. Our fundraising volunteers are part of a passionate team that help raise funds to aid our feline friends in need. They plan and deliver exciting and varied fundraising events, which can be anything from craft fairs, cake sales, sponsored abseils – and anything in between!
What can you expect to be doing?
- Helping to organise fundraising events in your local area
- Setting up and dismantling equipment such as stalls when required to do so
- Sharing fundraising ideas with other volunteers and putting these into practice
- Sharing your passion for cat welfare and promoting Cats Protection
- Promoting National fundraising initiatives where appropriate
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and help raise funds that will make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens in need. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Good communication skills
- Confidence in handling money
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Confidence in speaking to members of the public
- Knowledge of local community networks would be an advantage
Our fundraising volunteer role is very flexible, from 1-2 hours a month to 1-2 hours a week and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face-to-face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0344 700 3251 for more information. Remember to leave your name, contact number, email address and an explanation of which volunteering opportunity you are interested in.