** We are not currently accepting applications for new cat care volunteers. We will likely be recruiting for volunteers again early next year. Please revisit this page for details of upcoming volunteer recruitment dates. Please see below for information on our fosterer vacancies**
The valuable work we do for cats across the UK is only made possible through the efforts of volunteers who willingly give up their time and expertise to make a positive difference to cats’ lives.
At our centre we are fortunate to have a wonderfully diverse team of enthusiastic volunteers who help us to provide day-to-day care for all of our cats.Our volunteer team is made up of:
- Cat Care Volunteers: who assist with all aspects of animal husbandry, as well as helping to maintain the clean and safe environment of our cattery. Find out more about Cat Care
- Cat Fosterers – who provide daily care for cats in their own homes, providing a temporary residence until the cats are ready to find their forever homes. Find out more about fostering
- Transport Volunteers – who get our cats from A to B in our ‘cat taxi’, helping to bring new cats to the centre every week for rehoming. Find out more about transport
- Publicity Volunteers – our team of publicity specialists who develop brilliant content for our online platforms.
- Induction Support Volunteers – who support our team with volunteer recruitment and administration.
- Work Experience Placements – students on fixed term placements who work with us to gain experience and skills to support their studies.
If you are interested in volunteering in another area you can find out more about other volunteer positions with Cats Protection across the whole of the UK here
All current volunteer vacancies at the North London Adoption Centre are listed below. If you cannot see any positions below for the role you are interested in, we are not currently recruiting new volunteers.
If you are interested in volunteering in South London, please visit the Mitcham Homing Centre site here
Please bear with us if you don't hear back regarding a particular role straight away, as we have a lot of interest in volunteering roles. We aim to respond to all messages within a month. Current Opportunities
We are currently recruiting foster carers! These volunteers look after our cats in their own homes, usually whilst they recover from illness or injury. Most foster placements are for one or two weeks, but can sometimes run for several weeks or occasionally months. All veterinary bills, food and cat care supplies are provided by Cats Protection. If you would like to read more about this role, please click here
We have two different foster roles at the moment:
- Regular fosterer: This is a long-term role and although you can leave at any time we ask that you commit to a few months of volunteering as minimum. If you like the role, you can continue to foster for us for as long as you like. Most placements are for 1-3 weeks.
- Christmas fosterer: Maybe you can't commit to helping us in the longer term, but you'd like some company over the Christmas period. The centre will be closed for Christmas from the 23rd to the 29th December inclusive, and any cats that remain in care will stay with one of our fabulous fosterers! As well as any existing fosterers who are available, we're looking for some new volunteers to take cats for between 1 and 4 weeks covering the Christmas period. There is the opportunity to treat this as a trial and to become a permanent foster early next year, if you enjoy the experience.
If you have any questions about fostering, or to request an application form, send us an email to email@example.com
. Please specify whether you are interested in just Christmas or longer term so that we can send you the right form.