We cover the areas of Canvey Island, Benfleet, Thundersley, Hadleigh, Rayleigh, Hockley, Hullbridge and Hawkwell.
Our Branch is run entirely by volunteers and in 2019 we re-homed 244 cats and kittens from this area, as well as providing advice and practical assistance to people. We can also been found on Facebook as "cats-protection-rayleigh".
As a Branch we:
- Respond to telephone calls and messages from members of the public
- Foster cats that come into our care until they can be rehomed, whilst meeting Cats Protection's veterinary standards for neutering, vaccinating and micro-chipping
- Work with other local organisations to help reunite missing cats with their owners
- Arrange essential veterinary care (such as dental treatments) for cats in our care whilst we find them new homes
- Try to find homes for cats whose owners have become ill or died, moved house, can no longer afford to keep them or have been evicted from their homes or physically abandoned them
- Encourage responsible cat ownership and neutering via Cats Protection's neutering voucher scheme
- Rely entirely on donations and fundraised income to pay vets, food and fostering bills. We hold a range of fundraising events such as quizzes, meal nights, boot sales and Fairs throughout the year.