Interested in adopting a Cats Protection cat?
Some of the things we are looking for in a home
- We like our cats to have access to a garden with no busy roads nearby and some access to the house if the owner is out.
- We would like to think that the new home would be a home for the rest of its life.
- Please note we DO NOT home cats/kittens in flats where they will have no access to the outside unless they are not allowed out for a medical reason such as FIV
Procedure for homing
- First take a look at cats and kittens looking for homes and then call or fill in the online form. If we think we have a suitable cat for you, one of our homing team will call you to have a chat before you are passed onto the cats foster carer for a more detail talk.
- Before being adopted, all our cats & kittens have been health-checked, and had flea and worm treatment and any other vet care needed . They have also had 1st vaccination (2nd vaccination is at your cost at your choosen vet) been microchipped, and neutered if older than 3-4 months, if they are not neutered we will cover the cost of that via a voucher system which our neutering volunteer issues. The average cost to Cats Protection of each cat or kitten in our care before adoption is over £200.
- We ask an adoption fee of £90 for an adult cat (6 months and over) and £120 for a kitten (6 months or under). If you wish to make a further donation, to help us with other cat care work, this will be very welcome. Please note, all monies are by bank transfer.
- Please ensure you are ready and able to collect your chosen cat within 7 days. We cannot 'hold' cats for longer than this except in special circumstances.
'Home to Home' service (THIS SERVICE IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE DUE TO COVID)
- Cats marked Home-Home are being advertised here by their current owners and are not CP cats.
- There is no minimum vet standard and no PetPlan starter pack for these cats, however any donations to CP would be gratefully received to enable us to continue helping other less fortunate cats in the Southampton area.
- Please contact the owner directly on the telephone number provided if you are interested in adopting a home-home cat.