We are looking for one or two new volunteers to help run our annual Fayres, as well as our Prize Draw and other raffles held during the year.
Annual Draw and other Raffles
Our hard working Membership Secretary, Cherry, has organized the Draw for the last few years but feels it is time for fresh ideas and fresh faces to take over!
The role(s) involves:
- Sourcing good quality prizes - talking to local businesses and organisations who are willing to donate new items or activities, collecting unwanted new gifts, etc.
- Organising the printing and distribution of tickets for the annual draw
- Helping sell draw and raffle tickets at our fayres and fundraising stalls – our two main fundraisers are our Spring and Autumn Fayres but we have opportunities for raffles at other table top events if volunteers are available
- Collecting completed tickets - splitting and folding tickets! – and passing money collected to the branch for banking
- Helping at our main Spring and Autumn Fayres on the day – manning the prize table, selling tickets and presenting prizes
- Organizing the delivery of prizes to those winners not able to attend the Fayre themselves.
Spring and Autumn Fayres
Do you enjoy organising large events?
Our Spring and Autumn Fayres are our major fundraising events each year thanks to the tremendous hard work of our volunteers and supporters. The fayres generate valuable funds for us and are a wonderful way for people to meet and help the branch.
Although they seem to come together each time - as if by magic, we feel a dedicated Events Coordinator would add that extra dimension to things and, in particular, help with those “where should I put this?” type questions on the day!
This role would involve:
- Planning, booking venue and dates, arranging publicity etc., for each fayre
- Being a central point of contact on the day for helpers and supporters
- Liaising with branch volunteers regarding types of stalls and items for sale
- Recruiting volunteers for the “heavy duty” tasks, eg setting up and clearing away tables on the day and/or to help transport goods and items to and from the Fayres and storage (a branch van is available for this)
- Helping tidy up - and all those little end-of-day things and thank-you’s !
If you are outgoing and organised and think either or these could be the ideal role for you, please get in touch with Cherry at Membership@bournemouth.cats.org.uk or our Branch Coordinator, Andi, at firstname.lastname@example.org