Adopt a cat
A guide to our new homing process
We now operate on an appointment only basis for meeting cats, after a potential match has been made following the process outlined below.
Our adoption fee is £75 per cat and £95 per kitten.
Here is our guide to adopting a cat:
- Check you are within a reasonable distance of your chosen centre. You can find your nearest centre by typing in your postcode at www.cats.org.uk/find-us
- Enquire. If you’ve found a cat on our website that you’re interested in homing, send an enquiry through using our form
- Reserve your cat. If you’re found to be a match for your chosen cat, you’ll be contacted by our team via phone or email. You may be asked for proof of your address and the consent of your landlord (if you live in a rented property).
- Adopt. Once you have reserved your cat, you’ll be sent paperwork to sign and you’ll make a further telephone appointment with our team. In this call, you’ll have a chance to discuss everything you need to know about your cat. You’ll then pay an adoption fee of £75.00.
- Bringing your cat home. Once this is finalised, we’ll arrange an appointment for you to collect your cat from the centre.
As always, the cats will come:
- Be supported. You’ll receive a follow-up call or email around three, seven and 21 days after the adoption to check that your new arrival is settling in. You can also find help and advice on the Cats Protection website at www.cats.org.uk/advice
- fully vet checked
- treated for fleas and worms
- initial vaccination
- and four weeks free insurance from Pet Plan.
Please note, these are all the cats currently available for adoption. We are a small centre and although we have more cats in care, not all are ready for their new homes. As soon as cats become ready for adoption they will be added onto the website, so if none of the cats currently available suit your needs, please keep checking reguarly for new cats looking for their forever homes.
*We have a litter of kittens that will soon be ready for adoption. If you are interested in adopting a kitten please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org*