What we do
This is the area that we cover:
Everyone in the branch is an unpaid volunteer and we're always looking for more people who would like to give us some of their precious time to help the cats in and around Milton Keynes.
Between us we:
- Offer information and advice to cat owners in the area,
- Care for cats that can no longer stay where they are by fostering them in rooms in homes and pens in gardens while they wait for their new homes,
- Run a voucher scheme to help with cat owners with the costs of neutering and spaying their cats,
- Keep a register of lost and found cats to try and reunite cats with their owners and offer advice about strays,
- Raise funds to run the branch and keep the cats in our care, especially food and vet bills,
Cats Protection has no power to intervene with sick or injured animals or cases or animal negligence, including abandonment, but the National RSPCA do. Please contact them on 0300 1234 999 or via their website http://www.rspca.org.uk/utilities/contactus/reportcruelty
to report your concerns.
Unfortunately we cannot fund the veterinary treatment of cats not in our care. If you are having difficulty meeting vet bills please contact the PDSA on 0800 731 2502 or via their website: https://www.pdsa.org.uk/