Adopt a cat
We’re passionate about finding loving, lasting homes for the cats in our care. During the process of adopting a cat from Northampton, we’ll consider everything from your potential pet’s personality and how this fits with your lifestyle, to your home environment – creating the perfect match for both cat and owner and the start of a wonderful feline friendship.
During lockdown, we introduced hands-free homing, which has been successful in finding many of our cats and kittens brilliant new owners. We’re continuing to rehome our cats virtually, however, we may be able to arrange moggy-matching meetings on a case-by-case basis. If you are interested in any of the cats available for adoption from the Northampton Branch, please enquire via the “Contact us about this cat” button on the cat's profile or call us on: 0344 7003251.
You can find out more about rehoming and why to adopt from Cats Protection here.
Here is our guide to adopting a cat using hands-free homing
- Check you are within a reasonable distance of your chosen branch. You can find your nearest branch by typing in your postcode at www.cats.org.uk/find-us
- Enquire. If you’ve found a cat on our website that you’re interested in homing, send an enquiry via the “Contact us about this cat” button on the cat's profile or call us on: 0344 7003251. Alternatively, use our form email@example.com if you wish to make a more general enquiry. Please ensure that you do not have any imminent building work or a holiday booked within the next four to six weeks and remember to tell us in the "Other Comments" anything else that you think we should know.
- Reserve your cat. If you’re found to be a match for your chosen cat, you’ll be contacted via phone or email. You may be asked for proof of your address and please be prepared to show proof of your landlord's consent if you live in a rented property. You’ll then make a further telephone appointment with one of our team. In this call, you’ll have a chance to discuss everything you need to know about your cat.
- Adopt. Once you have reserved your cat you’ll be sent paperwork to sign and you’ll pay an adoption fee of £70.00 per cat, £100.00 per pair or £50.00 per teenager, usually by bank transfer.
- Bringing your cat home. Once this is finalised, we’ll contact you to arrange for the collection of your cat.
- Be supported. You’ll receive a follow-up call or email a few days after the adoption and a second call or email a couple of weeks later to check that you’re new arrival has settled in. You can also find help and advice on the Cats Protection website at www.cats.org.uk/advice
If you would like any advice relating to Cats Protection and our Services please contact 0344 7003251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please provide your full name, phone number and, if possible, an email address.
If you need to relinquish a cat or kitten please call 0344 7003251 or email email@example.com