Adopt a cat
Before viewing our cats, please bear in mind the following:-
1) Just as we are not all perfect, young, beautiful and out-going, neither are our cats.
2) The majority of people are looking for kittens and cats up to the age of 2 years old.
3) The majority of our cats are older than this. The average life expectancy of a cat is 17-18 years old and some survive into their 20s, so an 8 year old cat still has many good years to come.
4) Many of our cats have either been left behind when their owners moved away, handed into us when a baby is born and the cat is no longer wanted, some, sadly, have been mis-treated and others are not wanted as they are getting older.
5) Not all of our cats are on the web-site. If you are looking for a cat and none of the cats featured meet your wishes, please contact us for further information about other cats available.
Before going to a new home every cat in our care is:
Neutered (except kittens but a voucher is provided to have this done later)
Vaccinated (against cat flu, feline infectious enteritis and feline leukaemia virus)
Flea- and worm-treated
All of the above costs our Branch a minimum of £140 per cat. Our branch is self funding and volunteers work hard throughout the year to raise funds for the above and the day to day running costs of the branch.
We charge an Adoption Fee of £60 per cat or kitten. If you feel able to give us more than the basic fee then we will be able to treat the extra as a donation and can claim Gift Aid on the extra amount if you are a UK tax payer.
We may carry out a home visit to help ensure that you are matched with the perfect cat and to take the oportunity to offer you information that will make the homing process go smoothly.
We don’t have a central shelter or office. Instead we operate from several smaller units located in various fosterers’ homes and gardens throughout Perthshire.
Some of the cats in our care may not yet be on our website. If you are looking for a feline companion, please contact us on 01738 700 070