Adopt a cat
We always have a great selection of cats ready for homing, so whether you are looking for a family pet, a companion, or working out door cats to keep your premises free from rodents, we are sure to have a cat/s in our care suitable for you. All our cats have been :-
- Vet checked, worm and flea treated
- Vaccinated - first vaccination or fully depending on length of stay with us
- Neutered - 4 months and over
- Homed with 4 weeks free Petplan insurance
We spend an average of £150 per cat in our care, so Swansea Cats Protection asks adopters for a fee of £55 per cat or kitten to help towards our costs. We will give you a voucher to cover the cost of neutering the kitten when old enough. If you feel able to make a donation on top of the fee it would be gratefully received. We know times are hard so thank you for your decision to adopt a CP cat!
There is often a delay between a cat arriving in our care and making it's first appearance on the site so if you don't see what you are looking for give us a call, we might just have what you are looking for.
Hands Free Homing
While we’ve had to put most of our homing of cats on pause at the moment due to coronavirus (COVID-19), we’ve been working on a hands-free homing approach.
We want to help as many cats as possible by freeing up space for emergency cases, as well as helping some of our cats who have been with us longer to find a lovely new home.
We're also keen to provide potential owners with their purrfect match.
Rest assured, we’ve put in extensive procedures to ensure carefully controlled rehoming without putting adoptees or our employees at risk of infection.
While we can’t guarantee you will be taking your cat home straight away, you’ll begin the adoption process in anticipation of your new arrival.
Here's how to adopt a cat with Cats Protection during the coronavirus crisis.
- Check you are within a reasonable distance of your chosen branch. You can find your nearest branch by typing in your postcode at www.cats.org.uk/find-us
- Enquire. If you’ve found a cat on our website that you’re interested in homing, send an enquiry through using our online form
- Cat match. If you’re found to be a match for your chosen cat, you’ll be contacted via phone or email for a virtual home visit. You may be asked for proof of your address and the consent of your landlord (if you live in a rented property)
- Adopt. Once you have been matched with your cat, you’ll be sent paperwork to sign and you’ll make a further telephone appointment with our team. In this call, you’ll have a chance to discuss everything you need to know about your cat. You’ll then pay an adoption fee of £55, usually by bank transfer
- Bringing your cat home. Once this is finalised, we’ll arrange for a driver to bring your cat safely to your home
- Be supported. You’ll receive a follow-up call or email around three, seven and 21 days after the adoption to check that your new arrival is settled in. You can also find help and advice on the Cats Protection website at www.cats.org.uk/advice