Lost and Found
There are numerous ways in which you can increase the chances of finding your missing cat or identify the owners of a stray. Whether you are reporting your missing cat or you have found a cat, it will be helpful to provide as much information as possible from the list below. All of this information is very important.
- Sex, breed and age and name of cat
- Colour (be specific with colouring especially with black and white cats
- Whether long or short hair
- Any distinguishing marks that are visually unique about the cat
- If neutered
- If microchipped
- Collar with details of colour
- Date cat was lost or found
- Area went missing from or found in
- Any other significant information
- Your contact number/email. (Please let us know if you want us to share this on our Facebook page and gallery)
Next take a look at the following pages as they will give you advice on what to do.
Lost a Cat
Found a Cat
In addition we can publish details on our Facebook page and on our Lost & Found Gallery on our website. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01952 305645. Or you can post the details directly on our Facebook page by clicking on this link: branch facebook page.
Please include a picture if possible, as this will increase the chances of cats being reunited with their owners. (Scroll down the page to view our lost and found gallery)
Please note: we try to keep our Lost and Found Gallery up to date and you will help us greatly if you let us know if your cat has been found or if your stray cat has been reunited with it's owner.
To keep the site page to a manageable size, cats lost or found are removed after 8 weeks. They are not forgotten and are kept in our records which can be located if you contact us about a cat.
What else should I do if I've lost / found a cat?
If you've found a cat please have a look at this Found Cat Advice
If you've lost a cat please have a look at this Lost cat advice
Cats Protection has teamed up with Animal Search UK to provide the UK's most advanced lost and found database.
Register the cat on this free website:
Good Luck in your search!