Warning against the dangers of Antifreeze poisoning

At this time of year, please be aware of the dangers of Antifreeze!

Antifreeze preparations (including screen washes) contain a substance called Ethylene Glycol (EG) that is highly toxic and kills 10,000's of domestic pets every year. 

Sadly, there are people who soak food in antifreeze and leave it out to deliberately poison dogs out on walks or cats in gardens. This has also been used to kill foxes and badgers. 

Because it tastes so sweet, it can easily be hidden in food and drink. Accidental spills do occur, just a teaspoon is enough to kill a cat, and a tablespoon will kill a dog. 

If you would like to sign the petition to UK & EU parliaments and DEFRA, requesting a ban on all antifreeze preparations unless they contain a bitterant, then please click on the link below:

Below are also details on how to make a home made remedy to clear windows, and keep your pets safe!