What we do
What we do
- Rehoming – The centre has 48 homing pen holding up to 50 ready to home cats. Cats can be viewed during our opening hours and reserved if home is suitable, a home visit may be arranged if needed and appointment for collection arranged.
- Information – Our cat carers are on hand to offer advice and information on cat care issues (non-veterinary), we also have an extensive range of leaflet covering a wide range of cat related topics.
- Awareness - to increase awareness of the work we do including neutering and microchipping.
- Education – we promote the work of Cats Protection and cat welfare through educational talks, workshops and tours at the centre
- Fund-raising – we hold fund raising events and promote Cat Protection schemes including lottery, cat sponsorship, legacies and cat guardian scheme.
- Support - to encourage people to get involved with Cats Protection, either by volunteering, attending an event or joining in seasonal competition/appeals.
Assistance with the cost of neutering is available to members of the public on income based benefit / low income. Vouchers are administered centrally by National Cat Centre. To find out more about the assisted neutering scheme / apply for a voucher please telephone our neutering help line 03000 121212, the lines are open between 09:30 – 1pm Monday to Friday. Further information can be found at www.cats.org.uk/what-we-do/neutering/financial-assistance