You may have been told that you should neuter your cat, but have you ever wondered why? Find out all the benefits of neutering here.
Neutering is the only effective way of reducing the number of unwanted cats and kittens in the UK. Please don’t add to the plight of the thousands of unwanted cats already out there!
Getting your cat neutered is good for them – and for you too!
A neutered cat is happier and healthier…
- They’re less likely to get serious diseases through mating
- Your cat will fight less, meaning fewer injuries and therefore lower vet bills
- Neutering will stop your female cat getting some cancers
Neutering could make YOUR life easier too!
- Your neutered male is less likely to roam, so there’s less chance he’ll be hit by a car
- He’s also less likely to spray smelly urine in your house and garden
- Got a female cat? No more being woken up by her wailing when she’s in heat!
Kittens are hard work!
- They are very cute but hard work. Their care takes time, effort and money – think of the food bills and the ‘accidents’ you’ll have to clean up!
Did you know?
- Cats can breed from four months of age
- Cats will mate with their brothers, sisters and parents
- Cats don’t need ‘just one litter’ before being spayed
- One unneutered female cat can be responsible for 20,000 descendants in just five years
Want to know more?
- Neuter your cat at four months of age or younger
- Visit www.cats.org.uk/neutering or speak to your vet for advice
- Call our Neutering helpline on 03000 12 12 12 to find out if you’re eligible for a voucher. It’s kinder to neuter