Concerned about keeping your cat safe during a storm? Take a look at our top tips to keep them calm and cosy.
If you’re a cat owner, you might be concerned about keeping your pet safe during extreme weather.
With Storm Dudley and Storm Eunice expected this week, here are our top tips on keeping your cat safe in a storm.
- Stock up on food and medication for your pet, in case you’re unable to leave your home
- Consider keeping your cat inside
- Keep your cat away from vulnerable areas, with access to food, bedding, cat litter and fresh water
- Ensure your cat is microchipped and its details are up to date
- Take a good quality photo of your cat to circulate if they go missing
- Have a supply of food, bowls, litter and tray, bedding and medications to take with you if you have to leave your home
- Keep important documents together, including pet insurance details, vaccination details, microchip details and important phone numbers
Find out more about keeping your cat safe outside