Cats Protection Lifeline is our specialist fostering service for cats whose families are experiencing domestic abuse. All referrals to Lifeline are kept completely confidential and handled by our experienced team. Find out more about Lifeline and how to access the service.
We know that for anyone experiencing domestic abuse it can often feel like a big first step to reach out for support. We want you to know that you’re not alone. No one deserves to experience any form of abuse and there’s support available for you.
You can reach out directly to the support services below, who will be able to share information and support, whatever you choose to do.
- England: National Domestic Abuse Helpline. You can call the National Domestic Abuse Helpline, for free and in confidence, 24 hours a day: 0808 2000 247. You can also access their Live Chat service, if you prefer to chat over your phone or laptop
- Scotland: Scotland's Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline. Support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week on Scotland’s Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline: 0800 027 1234
- Wales: Live Fear Free Helpline. For confidential information, advice or support around domestic abuse, sexual violence, or violence against women: 0808 80 10 800
- Northern Ireland: Domestic and Sexual Abuse Helpline. The Domestic and Sexual Abuse Helpline is open to women and men affected by domestic abuse or violence. This free telephone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year: 0808 802 1414
- Women’s Aid: Information and support for survivors of domestic abuse, including a Live Chat service, email support, The Survivor’s Handbook and the Survivor’s Forum. You can also find your local specialist service, as well as details of services specialising in support for Black and minoritised women in the Women’s Aid directory (womensaid.org.uk/womens-aid-directory/)
- Men’s Advice Line: Men can call Men's Advice Line on 0808 8010 327 (Monday to Friday 10am to 8pm), or visit the webchat at Men's Advice Line (Wednesday 10am to 11.30am and 2.30pm to 4pm) for non-judgemental information and support
- National Helpline for LGBT+ Victims and Survivors of Abuse and Violence: Galop’s helpline is for LGBT+ people experiencing abuse or violence, such as hate crime, domestic abuse, sexual violence, so-called ’conversion therapy‘ or any other kind of abuse: 0800 999 5428
You can also find information on staying safe online at Refuge’s Tech Safety website and Women’s Aid.
If you have any further questions or need any additional support or information relating to domestic abuse and your pets, please don’t hesitate to contact our Lifetime team for a chat about the service.