Found Cat Advice
If you think you have found a stray cat, the first things you should do are;
- Ask your neighbours if they know where the cat comes from (it could be someone who has recently moved to the area, or someone may have recently adopted a cat.
- Put an advert in local shops, or posters on lamp posts to say you have found a cat. Include a photo if you can
- Put the cat on www.animalsearch.co.uk which is a free of charge service.
- If possible, take the cat to a local vets to be scanned for a microchip - most vets do this free of charge so best to call ahead and double check
- If you would like to feed the cat, please be aware that a hungry cat does not always mean a homeless cat - some cats are greedy and others will always be tempted by good quality food!
- If the cat looks injured or ill, it would be best to take it to a vets straight away. A lot of vets will give a stray cat a once-over free of charge.
Once you feel that you have ascertained that the cat is a stray, we can list it for rehoming. We do not always have space to bring stray cats into rescue but we can add the cat to our list and try to find space as soon as possible, We can talk to you further about care for the cat in the meantime.
If you have any questions, or concerns about a stray cat, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com