Lost and Found
If you have lost or found a cat in our area please email details and a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is best if we can put your direct contact phone number and email on the website, so you can be contacted directly with any information
FOUND CATS/'STRAY' CATS
A cat cannot be deemed a stray until at least 2 weeks after trying to find its owner. If you find a cat please try to get it to a vet and scanned for a microchip - you should not be charged for just having the cat scanned for a chip. Cats Protection can provide you with a paper collar, if possible put this on the cat with your phone number and a message along the lines of 'please get in touch if you know the owner of this cat'
If you have lost a cat please read the below You should also try the following:
- Animal Search UK - www.animalsearchuk.co.uk keep a national lost and found database online and have many search hints and tips
- RSPCA - 0300 1234 555
- Any local veterinary surgeons
- Your local postman and milkman
- Our Facebook page - put in a search on Facebook for 'Cats Protection East Northumberland'
- Your local council cleansing department who should keep a record of any road fatalies they have picked up
Also we advise that you distribute posters to the following...
- Local shops, post office, garages
- Local schools, newspapers, radio
- Local noticeboards, including a recent photo of your cat
You may also want to look in...
- All rooms
- Household appliances e.g. washing machines
- Sheds and garages