2.6 Challenge-Get Involved and Help Cats!
24 April 2020
Like so many charities, our fundraising has been severely hit by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Our shops have had to close and many fundraising events have been put on pause. Which is why we think The 2.6 Challenge is the cat’s whiskers! It’s a national, virtual challenge set up to help save the UK’s charities. But we need your help.What is the 2.6 Challenge?
The 2.6 Challenge launches on Sunday 26 April (the same day as the London Marathon - the world's biggest one-day annual fundraising event - would have taken place). How long does it last?
April 26th-May 3rd.How do I get Involved?
All supporters need to do is dream up an activity based around the numbers 2.6, 26, or 260 that suits their skills and donate or fundraise for Cats Protection. You can even set up a fundraiser by clicking here
. Need Ideas?
Here are some examples...
1. Bake 26 cat cupcakes or biscuits
2. Do 26 minutes of yoga with your cat
3. Chop 26cm off the length of your hair
4. Knit 26 catnip mice
5. Create 26 cat shapes on a fitness app
6. Create a cat calendar and sell 26 copies
7. Virtual cat quiz with 26 questions
8. Do a sweepstake with 26 people
9. Tell 26 jokes live online via your social media pages – people can sponsor you to stop if they are bad enough
10. Clear 26 items out of your loft/wardrobe to sell (when this is all over)
For more ideas click on the 26 ways to take part in the 2.6 challenge
Make sure to share pictures of yourself with the hastage #TwoPointSixChallenge and make sure to tag @CatsProtection. (And make sure to tell your friends and family!) To read more about the 2.6 challenge please click here.
**To donate specifically to the Spelthorne branch, please use this link, https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/Spelthorne, to donate however much you'd like. **