Big Cat Week 2017
Cats Protection are excited to launch a second opportunity for participants to take part in a five day Himalayan trek and three day tiger conservation project in India in October 2018.
Participants will pledge to raise a minimum fundraising total for their local branch or adoption centre. The event is hoped to raise in excess of £60,000 to helps Cats Protection continue their care for cats and kittens.
If you want to embrace your adventurous side, you can find out more about the challenge here
or download our information pack below. How can I get involved?
If the trip isn't for you, there are still plenty of ways to get involved with Big Cat Week and celebrate little cats and big cats.
Cats Protection has a simple and clear vision statement - a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs. But what are a cat's needs?
Our FREE online course Understanding Feline Origins (UFO) is designed to give you an appreciation of the ancestry of cats, how this applies to cats today and how to ensure their specific needs are met. You can find out more and take the course here
• Courses are available at any time and can be worked through in once go or in bite sized chunks - whichever suits you best.
• UFO is based on a course delivered to Cats Protection staff and volunteers and is therefore ideally suited for adults and older children
• The course is free to everyone!Other ways to get involved with Big Cat Week
Change your cover images on Facebook and Twitter for the week
- Email banner - JPG - click to download
- Facebook cover - JPG - click to download
- Twitter cover - JPG - click to download
- Shareable image - JPG - click to download
Visit your local Cats Protection shop to see their Big Cat window display -
to find your nearest shopHave some fun using #bigcatweek on Twitter
Tweet us pictures of your little cats that look like big cats, dress up in your favourite tiger onesie or send us your best big cat roar!More fundraising ideas
Why not organise a Big Cat themed fundraising event in aid of your local branch or adoption centre? We have plenty of ideas and tips for you if you'd like to do this - please get in touch using the below details.
• Why not bake some Big Cat cupcakes and sell them to supporters? Ask volunteers to bake some and take to work to sell
• Hold a big cat and little cat themed quiz night with 'Did you know?' style questions
• Fancy dress bucket collection. Embrace your wild side and dress as a tiger or lion for collecting donations
• Get sponsored to meow for the day and ask for donations from your friends and family
• Hold a safari supper for the adults, or a safari themed party for the youngsters
• Ask a local school to hold a non-uniform day in aid of your branch or centre. You could even hold an educational talk about cat care and cat's needs
• Get crafty! Do you have any crafty volunteers or supporters? Why not sew or knit cushion covers or blankets with an African theme and sell them to raise funds? For fundraising support, more information on the challenge or if you have any questions at all, please contact Rebecca on 01825 741 960 or email firstname.lastname@example.org