An overview of what Cats Protection does, our charitable aims and what we achieved in 2016!
2016 was another fantastic year for Cats Protection: our volunteers, our supporters and our staff have achieved some amazing things.
Our vision is a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs.
To achieve that vision we’re continuing to work towards changing people’s attitudes towards cats and helping them to better understand cats’ needs. We focused on growing our profile throughout the UK while promoting awareness of cat welfare. Our national campaigns and collaborations with other charities and high profile organisations are helping to bring about change, making the world a better place for cats.
We help to reduce overpopulation of cats and in 2016 our community neutering team played a key role in developing relationships in targeted areas and educating people about the benefits of neutering – for cats and their owners.
Finding new homes for cats in need is a key part of our work too and in 2016 we improved and developed our adoption centres and grew our volunteer-run branch network so that we can rehome even more cats in the future.
Here are some of our key achievements
- We helped nearly 190,000 cats and kittens – that’s around 500 cats every single day!
- We found loving new homes for 43,000 cats and kittens
- We reunited 3,000 cats and kittens with their relieved owners
- We neutered 152,000 cats and kittens, to prevent unwanted litters
- We reached an audience of over 41,700 adults and children with talks helping them to better understand cats
- Our thousands of volunteers dedicated a whopping 5 million hours to the charity
You can read our full annual reviews at: https://www.cats.org.uk/about-cp
Everything we’ve achieved – and every single cat we’ve helped in 2016 – is thanks to our devoted supporters, volunteers and staff. Thank you to each and every one of you for your commitment to cats and to the charity!