A bit about this role
As a charity we rely on funds donated by generous members of the public to continue to help cats and kittens in need. Our fundraising volunteers are part of a passionate team that help raise funds to help our feline friends in need. They help plan and deliver exciting and varied fundraising events, which can be anything from craft fairs, cake sales, sponsored abseils – and anything in between!
What can you expect to be doing?
- Helping organise fundraising events in your local area
- Sharing fundraising ideas with other volunteers and putting these into practice
- Sharing your passion for cat welfare and promoting Cats Protection
- Promoting National fundraising initiatives where appropriate
A bit more information about this role and the team
At Cats Protection Isle of Wight, our fundraising team is absolutely vital to raising the funds necessary to care for our cats, including helping us with our substantial veterinary care and medical costs. If you enjoy chatting to people or fancy your hand at displaying our lovely merchandise and bric-a-brac, then come and help us in our Charity Shop and help ‘man-the-stand’ at some really fun events such as the County Show. And if you’re up for a challenge (sky diving anyone?) and like to raise funds in the process, then let us know.
There are three different types of roles within our fund raising team
- The events team - they help plan and deliver exciting and varied fundraising events throughout the Isle of Wight. Events are usually broken into morning and afternoon shifts of around 4 hours at a time - this can be longer or shorter depending on the event. However, ANY time you can spend manning a stall is a significant help, and the role will be shared by many volunteers.
- The Charity Shop team - we are always looking for volunteers willing to spend a few hours a week helping us to sort through and display stock and help visitors choose some really great bargains
- The Challenge Team – if you love the crazy side of life and fancy a challenge (jumping from aeroplanes, running marathons, scaring yourself on high-speed zip lines) – and if you’re willing to raise funds in the process, then Cats Protection is the place to come. Got an idea, just let us know. We will help you plan, promote and raise funds.
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and help raise funds that will make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens in need. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Good communication skills
- Confidence in handling money
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Confidence in speaking to members of the public
- Knowledge of local community networks (would be an advantage)
Our fundraising volunteers usually spend 2 to 3 hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.
Isle of Wight Adoption Centre
30 Sep 2019