The Home Visit
We at Cats Protection want to match you to a cat that will be happy in your environment. By talking to you, we can offer good advice on possible matches. Therefore, we would like to visit you in your home before you adopt one of our cats.
The main aims of this meeting are to:
The Adoption Fee
- Offer advice and information about cat ownership
- Discuss the needs of your new pet
- Discuss how to manage your new arrival, e.g. how he may interact with small children who may live in the house or visit you
- Offer advice on introductions to other cats and dogs that may live with you
- Discuss the local area around your home, and how it might affect your cat's behaviour
- Help you think about your working day and lifestyle, and how to incorporate a new cat into it
Our Branch currently asks for an adoption fee of £75.00 per cat
. Why do we ask for this fee?
We do everything we can to ensure your cat has received only the very best standards of love and care whilst in our care. While the love and attention it gets comes free, other aspects such as any veterinary treatment, neutering and microchipping have to be paid for. That’s why we ask all our adopters for a fee – it allows us to carry on helping more and more cats that desperately need our help. In addition we can offer you four weeks’ worth of free pet insurance through Petplan, the UK’s leading pet insurer. We are also available to provide support, help and guidance on getting your new cat settled in with you.
Furthermore, all other major animal welfare charities charge a fee, including RSPCA, Dogs Trust and The Blue Cross. While smaller local charities may not charge, it is worth remembering the benefits of choosing a CP cat.
We provide our cats with:
- Full health checks
- Flea, roundworm and tapeworm treatments
- At least one vaccination against cat flu, enteritis and feline leukemia
- Neutering if relevant
- Older cats would have had a full blood profile and possibly dental treatment
- Cats from an unknown background have a test for feline aids and leukaemia.
Your fee doesn’t cover all these costs but will help us towards paying them.