On 26 April, 40,000 people were due to run the London Marathon, but as it was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic, the 2.6 Challenge invites people to take on a challenge incorporating the numbers 2.6 or 26 to raise money for charity.
The 2.6 Challenge is the latest virtual challenge sweeping the nation and we're inviting you to get involved – all to help us be #HereForTheCats.
Starting from Sunday 26 April, just take on an activity based around the number 26 or 2.6 – the ideas and options are endless!
Cat lovers of all ages and abilities can participate in the challenge, even from the comfort and safety of your own home.
If you’d like to be a part of it for Cats Protection but need some inspiration, here are 26 ways to do the #TwoPointSixChallenge.
1. Chop 26cm off the length of your hair
2. Create 26 cat shapes on a fitness app
3. Create a cat calendar and sell 26 copies
4. Host a virtual cat quiz with 26 questions
5. Tell 26 jokes live online via your social media pages – people can sponsor you to stop if they are bad enough!
6. Do 26 minutes of yoga with your cat
Get your mog involved when you do the Downward Dog
7. Clear 26 items out of your loft or wardrobe to sell (when lockdown is over)
8. Do a virtual treasure hunt with 26 prizes
9. Do a live concert from home with 26 songs – people can sponsor you to stop if you’re bad enough!
10. Do a sweepstake with 26 people
11. Bake 26 cat cupcakes or biscuits – find a pawsome recipe here
Have a go at recreating these amazing biscuits by Kim-Joy
12. Cartwheel the equivalent of 2.6 miles
13. Walk or run 2.6 miles/26 miles/260 miles – not in one day of course!
14. Hop 260 times around your home or garden
15. Skip 26 times for 26 days or 260 times in one day
16. For each of the 26 letters in the alphabet tick something off you’ve not done before, starting with A…
17. Stay blindfolded for 26 hours
18. Knit 26 catnip mice – here's a handy knitting pattern
Get crafty for cats and knit them an exciting toy
19. Cycle 2.6 miles/26 miles/260 miles – not in one day of course!
20. Ice bath challenge – stay in an ice bath for 26 seconds for 26 days in a row
21. Chip or putt 26 balls into the hole
22. Try to do 26 keepy uppies in a row
23. Climb your stairs or steps 260 times – up and down!
Put on your best cat socks and go running for the kitties
24. Juggle for 26 minutes or 2.6 minutes without stopping
25. Read 26 pages of a book or read for 2.6 hours without stopping
26. Stay silent for 26 hours
The 2.6 Challenge was created in response to the significant impact the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis has had on many charities, including Cats Protection.
The funds you raise will go towards food, shelter and care, and enable us to plan for the future to ensure cats continue to be supported whenever they need us.
To take part, just set up your fundraising page and don’t forget to share your pics of your challenge on social media using #TwoPointSixChallenge and #CatsProtection.