Thinking about giving up your cat?
Cats Protection have recently created this guide
to help you decide if and when you should rehome your cat. It can also help you decide if there are any circumstances under which you could keep them, for example by addressing problem behaviour to prevent rehoming a cat that sprays.
It covers the following topics:
- I’m allergic to my cat. What can I do?
- I’m having trouble with my cat’s behaviour, should I rehome them?
- I recently got a cat but they aren’t settling into my home. What can I do?
- I can’t afford to neuter my cat or afford veterinary care. What should I do?
- How can I rehome my older cat?
- I’m having a baby. Can I keep my cat?
- My cat has had kittens and I can’t look after them. How can I rehome the kittens?
- I am emigrating or moving across the country. Should I rehome my cat?
- My family member/friend is going into a care home. How can I rehome their cat?
- I am leaving my home to escape domestic abuse. Can you help?
- I’m looking after a cat and their owner has died. How can I rehome them?
- How can I rehome my cat with Cats Protection?