Please read the terms and conditions before entering our Pawsome Baking Challenge
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By taking part in this event, you confirm that you have read, understood and accepted them.
- This Challenge is open to residents of the UK of any age; however, if you are under the age of 18 your registration must be made on your behalf by a parent or legal guardian.
- You must register on the Cats Protection website. We will use your name, email address, mobile number and address to contact you in relation to the Challenge.
- The Challenge takes place 1-30 April 2021. The closing date for all challenge entries is Friday 30 April 2021.
- The Challenge categories will be announced on Thursday 1 April 2021. The Challenge brief is to create your own cat-themed bake based on the category description.
- To enter, you must send Cats Protection a photograph of your bake in one of three ways: On social media using #PawsomeBaking, by posting in our Pawsome Facebook group, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org No other method of entry will be accepted and the image supplied must be a high resolution jpg, jpeg or png.
- If you are aged 18 or over your entry will be deemed an adult entry and if you are aged under 18 it will be deemed a junior entry.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you can make and you can enter every category if you wish. If you enter more than one category, you will be eligible to win in one of those categories only.
- It is free to enter the Challenge. Please note that you are invited to make a voluntary donation upon entry to help support Cats Protection’s work.
- Entries must be your own baking and must not be a copy of or include any images or content that belong to other people, including trademarks, trade names and/or any materials that you do not have permission to use.
- Entries will be shortlisted by an internal judging panel at Cats Protection and scored using three criteria: appearance, creativity and effort.
- In each category, one adult winner and two adult runners up, plus one junior winner and two junior runners up will receive a Pawsome Baker wooden spoon prize. One ‘Baking Fail’ winner will also receive a wooden spoon prize. A total of 25 wooden spoons will be awarded for the Challenge.
- The entry with the highest score in each category will be deemed to be winner and runners up. The weekly winners from across the four categories will be judged by our celebrity judge, Kim-Joy. Kim-Joy will decide on one overall adult winner and one overall junior winner. The overall winners will be announced on Cats Protection platforms in the week commencing 17 May 2021.
- The two overall winners will receive a special prize of a signed copy of one of Kim-Joy’s books and will be featured on the Cats Protection website and social media platforms.
- Cats Protection’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Cats Protection reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond Cats Protection’s control make it necessary to do so.
- Cats Protection will contact the winners by the email or mobile number provided on entry. If winners do not respond within 72 hours of being notified, the prize will be forfeited and Cats Protection reserves the right to offer the prize to a reserve winner.
- Cats Protection must publish or make available the information confirming that a valid winner was chosen. So that we can comply with this obligation, we will publish the winning name, photograph of the bake and county of the winner. By entering the competition, the winners agree to participate in such promotional activity as Cats Protection may require. Entrants agree that if they are the winner of any of the categories, Cats Protection may use their name, photograph and county to announce them as a winner.
- Please read our privacy statement which tells you how we use any personal information we may collect about you: https://www.cats.org.uk/terms/terms-privacy
- Cats Protection will send the name of the winner from each category to anyone who contacts us, within one month of the announcement date, requesting details of the winners.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, Cats Protection may, at its sole discretion, exclude an entry in the competition.
- Cats Protection reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. If we do this we will publish the amended terms and conditions and/or specific terms on this webpage.
If you have any queries relating to the Pawsome Baking Challenge, please contact our Fundraising Events team at email@example.com or by calling 01825 741 960.