How to keep your cat relaxed and safe during firework celebrations.
With fireworks season upon us, it is only natural that pet owners may become anxious about their cats' welfare.
If you're concerned about keeping your cat safe and calm, take a look at our video for top tips.
To ensure your cat is kept safe and calm, you should:
- keep your cat in after dark
- provide your cat with a litter tray and securely fasten all windows and doors
- reduce noise by keeping curtains drawn
- play soothing music
- provide a safe, comfy place in familiar territory for your cat to hide (a simple cardboard box or igloo-style cat bed should be enough)
- create a reassuring environment with a FELIWAY® classic plug-in diffuser
If you're concerned about your cat's behaviour, don't hesitate in contacting your vet.
Find more advice here: www.cats.org.uk/fireworks-and-bonfire-night