The National Cat Awards 2016 are back – is your cat the nation's best?
Do you know a fearless feline or miraculous moggy?
The National Cat Awards are back – and we’re after the country’s top feline tales.
Nominations for the awards, which once again are being sponsored by Purina®, open today and the categories are as follows.
- Hero Cat – cats that save the day
- Most Caring Cat – cats that positively impact a person’s health or wellbeing
- Furr-ever Friends – tales of friendship between children and cats
- Outstanding Rescue Cat – fabulous felines adopted from animal charities
- Purina® Better Together – celebrating the special bond that has transformed and enriched the lives of both a feline and human
The winning moggies, and the overall National Cat of the Year, will be announced at a glamorous awards ceremony at London's Savoy Hotel on Thursday 4 August. The event will be attended by celebrity judges who will present the awards and pay tribute to the nation’s top cats.
Need a bit of inspiration?
The winner of the Purina® Better Together award in 2014 was Mr Chips, owned by Anna-Marie McConnell and Ian Turner, of Llandudno, Conwy.
Mr Chips was found as a stray with a badly broken leg, left with a permanent disability and also spent six months in a rescue centre awaiting a home. But it didn’t stop him living life to the full and when new owner Ian Turner was diagnosed with a complex medical condition, Mr Chips proved to be an incredible support.
To enter your cat, visit www.cats.org.uk or contact our national Helpline on 03000 12 12 12 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request an entry form.