Strictly Danny reveals his love for cats with Celebrity Paws charity doodle
09 December 2016
Strictly Come Dancing favourite Danny Mac has taken a ‘paws’ from his dazzling dancefloor exploits – to help Cats Protection raise money for charity in its Celebrity Paws auction.
Danny, 28, drew high-praise from the Strictly judges last weekend as he topped the leaderboard on Saturday’s musicals-themed show – which followed two flawless 40-mark performances previously.
And if the ex-Hollyoaks heart-throb is ‘feline’ confident ahead of this week’s show, he took time out this week to show his affection and dedication towards animals - by drawing a unique paw print to be auctioned and raise funds for the charity, which helps 205,000 cats and kittens each year through a national network of 250 volunteer-run branches and 32 centres.
Danny’s paw print features two touching quotes, revealing his love of animals: “Until one has loved an animal a part of one’s soul remains unawakened”, by French poet Anatole France, and “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”, by civil rights leader Mahatma Gandhi.
The doodle also features paw prints, a cat drawing, a shopping list, a reminder to ‘phone home’ and the start of a noughts and crosses game.
Danny is joined by 17 other celebrities in this year’s 10th anniversary Celebrity Paws auction, including TOWIE star Joey Essex, Cats musical legend Elaine Paige, ‘Voice of the Balls’ Alan Dedicoat, Emmerdale actress Gemma Atkinson, broadcaster Andrew Collins, Oasis movie Supersonic director Matt Whitecross and Union J singer JJ Hamblett.
All the drawings are being auctioned online on eBay to raise vital funds for the thousands of unwanted cats in the charity’s care.
Cat Jarvis, of Cats Protection, said: “Danny’s Celebrity Paw doodle shows just how much he loves cats and animals – and we’re sure all animals and animal-lovers will be cheering him on this weekend on Strictly.”
“We’re incredibly grateful to all the celebrities that have taken the time get involved with this year’s auction to help us provide vital care for cats in need.”
All 18 Celebrity Paw doodles can be bid for online from Friday Dec 9 until Monday Dec 19.
Information about all the celebrities and links to the auction can be found at www.cats.org.uk
~ Ends ~
Notes to Editors:
- This year’s celebrity contributors are: Aisleyne, Alan Dedicoat, Ali Bastian, Andrew Collins, Bobby George, DJ Fresh, Danny Mac, David Squires, Elaine Paige, Gemma Atkinson, JJ Hamblett, Joey Essex, Kerry Ellis, Lincoln Townley, Mat Whitecross, Peter Egan, Robin Windsor and Tamer Hassan
- Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity and helps around 200,000 cats each year through its national network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 32 centres.
- Cats Protection’s vision is a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs.
- Cats Protection’s registered charity number is 203644 (England and Wales) and SC037711 (Scotland). Founded as the Cats Protection League in 1927, the charity adopted the name Cats Protection in 1998. We ask that you use the name Cats Protection when referring to the charity in all published material.
- More information about the work of Cats Protection can be found at www.cats.org.uk